Winter Nap

Yes, alone
Observing the sky
You, too, are not present.
What were you doing?

Did I succumb to my feelings too soon?
Or did my anticipation fly beyond expectations?
That I am surrounded by emptiness
to even witness a sunset?

But at least I get to enjoy the sunrise.
I get to see at least the other half
of a whole thing.

And when shall I see the sun in the morning?
Without being fed up?
Taking in the warmth of the sun's beams
without cutting through my heart?

When will it be my turn to actually live?
And not just survive?
It ought to be the weather that’s frigid.
Not my heart.

When will I realize?
That a nap would immerse me in a wave of nothingness
But the only option I have is to take a nap.
There was no sleep.

I don't have a choice between dream and nightmare.
Just a restless night's rest.

By Tulip/CASSayuran

Post a Comment

Any comments and feedbacks? Share us your thoughts!